Monday, August 10, 2015

Kpop Album Review: Kye Bum Zu's GOOD LIFE

Hi there!

An album review? Whoa, something new and different, huh? Well I'm very excited to start album reviews on this blog! I'm going to start out this series by talking about Kye Bum Zu's album GOOD LIFE.

This is my first Korean hip-hop album that I've listened to in full. I've enjoyed singles from Zion. T and Crush in the past, but I've never sat down and listened to more of their music. GOOD LIFE is an album I would recommend to someone who wants to branch out to other hip-hop and R&B artists.

There are so many songs on this album that one can dance to. Especially "Give It 2 U." The reason I was drawn to listen to the full album is because of this song and the music video that was released. Be sure to check it out below!




The track is dripping with great vocals on top of a solid beat. It features a rap from my favorite maknae, P.O from Block B. His deep, raspy voice against the rest of the song is a great mix.

The title song "GOOD LIFE" continues with solid beats similar to "Give It 2 U." Dok2 and The Quiett colaborated and added very unique voices to the song.

My other favorite song on this album is "BEAUTIFUL" because it is so different from the rest of Kye Bum Zu's songs. It's a side of him I wasn't expecting to hear. This kind of dramatic, soulful song would probably be played in the climatic part of a romantic movie, with the piano and strings backing up his heartfelt vocals. I almost wish that this was the very last song on this album. It would have been a great closure, but alas, it's the second to last song on the album.

Overall, this album is full of great dancing songs, excellent raps and vocals, and a smooth, cohesive sound. I'm very happy with Kye Bum Zu's work and I'm about to go and find more music from him!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment