Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Post Reaction Talk: Cheetah - My Number

Hiya gorgeous!

In today's Post Reaction Talk, I'll be covering Cheetah's video My Number! But before we continue, go and watch the MV and my reaction video!





Let's start with the fact that, as I'm writing this, I'm falling more and more in love with this song. It's one of the ones where it takes a few listens to really get into it. My Number is definitely going on my "I'm getting ready to go out and need to look and feel awesome and confident" playlist.

I wasn't too far off on what I thought the song was about though! Cheetah just wants to talk to someone who has a good attitude but all she's stuck with are ex-boyfriends and guys who try to get with her. I'm sorry Cheetah, you don't deserve that. But she has a solution though, she'll just change her number and everything will be alright! (How many numbers will the lady have to go through??)

Her style in this video is killer. I already said in my reaction that everything is very edgy and very cohesive. 


Her makeup is so great in this entire video! Her green eyeshadow stands out from the rest of the pink and black in these shots. Still unsure how I feel about this short blonde wig she throws on in the second half of the video. It's not a bad wig, but it's not my favorite. I think she could've rocked something different with her second costume in the bar scene.



Cheetah and her Harley-Quinn/United States inspired dancers sit pretty with motorcycles and leather-clad gents. The words Hellcat and the explosions of fire give it that final 'murica touch. You know what I just realized? Cheetah barely dances in this video! I wonder why that is, but maybe dancing isn't her strong suit, which is totally fine. It's not my strong suit either. This just proves that being badass and sexy doesn't always have to come through on the dance floor. She expresses all of that with her great raps and cheeky smirks. 

Again, this video and song are already growing on me since I filmed the video. I can't wait to see what Cheetah comes up with next!

xoxo
















     


No comments:

Post a Comment